February 6, 2011

Breckenridge Dog Sledding and a Great Review


Stay in Breckenridge, CO

Location:  Our hotel was located right across the street from Peak 9 and very close to shops and restaurants which was so convenient. 
Hotel Staff: (Great Divide Lodge) The hotel room was nice and the staff was incredibly friendly.  There was a problem with the printer in the computer room (I had to print my flight info) and the staff did everything possible (including trying to fix the printer, having me send my info to their e-mail address so they could print it, etc.) to make sure I got what I needed.  The manager even came out to help and had me print my documents from his office.  The shuttle drivers were just as nice stressing that any time we needed a ride even if it was just a block away to give them a call and they’d be right there.  **The free shuttle is such a great service (especially when it’s a little colder than usual).**
Restaurants: (Mi Casa) If you’re looking for a friendly atmosphere, amazing service, knowledgeable staff/management and of course incredible food Mi Casa is the place to go! Our table ordered guacamole which to our surprise was made right in front of us!  I typically don’t eat guacamole, but was urged to try it by others at the table and needless to say I changed my mind about guacamole.
Snow:  Amazing!  Being from CT, I’m used to wet snow/icy patches/narrow trails/etc. but the slopes here were incredible; the wide open, perfect snow made riding a pleasure. 
People:  The people in CO are so friendly and laid-back.  I actually lost my cell phone on the mountain while boarding and immediately after noticing it was gone I went back and scanned the trail I had been on and couldn’t find it.  What I didn’t realize at the time was that someone had picked it up for me, called what I had as a contact of “home” in my cell and let my mother know that she would be leaving my cell phone at the guest services lost and found booth for me! 
Entertainment:  Even if ski-ing/snowboarding isn’t for you there is Plenty to do in Breckenridge.  Having recently injured my knee, I decided I would wait until the last day to go boarding which meant finding other things to do.  This was definitely Not a problem.  Little shops and restaurants line the streets providing hours of leisure entertainment.  Our group also decided to go dog-sledding (Good Times Adventures) which was an incredible experience.  Each member of the group was able to steer the dogsled and also take a turn riding in the sled while the rest of the group sat in a small passenger sleigh that was pulled by a snowmobile that was driven by the guide.  All of the dogs were extremely friendly and we were able to pet/play with the dogs before and after the ride.  It was a very cold day that we picked and we were surprised to see that the dogs were actually warm and would “cool off” by burying their faces in the snow!  As soon as the guide turned the snowmobile on, the dogs got excited and were ready to go!  Our group was also lucky enough to be in Breckenridge while there were snow sculptures to see; definitely an amazing surprise.
Five Star Colorado:  Brian was so helpful and made our stay in Breckenridge effortless and very enjoyable.  From the location of our hotel to restaurant recommendations, we couldn’t have asked for a better trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment